Sunday, October 18, 2009

I survived the weekend

So it's Sunday night, and I though I'd just give you a quick lowdown of how my weekend went over.

Friday I went to a hockey game. I managed to squeeze in a workout which I'm proud of. Before the hockey game the girls and I had a few drinks. I justified this due to the fact that I ate exceptionally well all day. I did about five vodka shots which I chased with coke zero. I don't know how they made this peculiar liquid that tastes like coke but managed to leave out any calories or sugar, but it's sick and twisted.
After the game we went out for supper, so it was a late supper, about 9:00 PM. I have this thing about eating late, for some reason I thought it like doubled the actual amount of calories you are consuming or made your metabolism go bonkers. However, I was reading a health magazine yesterday and they said it`s not WHAT you eat late at night, it`s HOW MUCH you eat. I went way downhill at this point. Although I did not get NEARLY as much as my friends, who`s orders consisted of mozza sticks with a side of onion rings, cheeseburger with a side of tex mex fries, this fancy new sandwich that is a deep fried piece of chicken smothered in thai sauce in between two pieces of garlic bread and topped with fatty slices of bacon and several other diet disasters, I deserve no place in the dieters hall of fame. Being the insecure, conforming loser I am, I felt pressured into avoiding the salad menu and impulsively ordered a grilled cheese. I don`t even want to know the nutritional info of the processed, buttered, white breaded disaster because sometimes ignorance is bliss. I felt guilty every-time I plunged it into a sea of high sodium ketchup, but I couldn`t stop myself. Sometimes it feels like I have no self control.

Anyways moving on, to make up for my late night indulgence I decided on Saturday that I would eat as clean as possible. Since I knew I`d be drinking again that night I skipped supper, which was a terrible idea because after a few shots of whiskey and vodka I was out of my mind intoxicated. Nevertheless I have blamed my hangover and my scraped up knee that was the product of a self-induced fall to the fact I haven`t worked out at all today. I think I will do a quick circuit in front of the T.V. after this post and go to bed. Here is my food log.

Friday

Breakfast
Egg white and spinach omlette
1 tbsp salsa

Lunch
3 pieces of sushi
Handful of assorted greens

Snack
Apple sauce

Snack
Green apple

Supper
Grilled cheese w/ ketchup :(
One tater tot dipped in thai sauce :(
One bite mozza stick :( :( :(

Saturday

Breakfast
Pineapple

Lunch
Salad with
-Leafy greens
-Celery
-Cauliflower
-Balsamic vinegar

Snack
Apple

Sunday (today)

Breakfast
Big ass yellow apple

Lunch
3 pieces sushi dipped in soy sauce and wasabi
4 asparagus dipped in chili sauce
Bean sprouts

Supper
Big bowl of Korean beef noodle soup
Raddish seasoned in spice
Rice

1 comment:

  1. ugh i know just how you feel, i also ate some not-so-good things this weekend. but I think its important to do what you did- you ate a grilled cheese, and it's not going to be the end of the world, and you're doing the right thing by eating as "clean" as possible today to make up for it. that's what i'm doing too.
    also... tip for you and the alcohol- drink a TON of water before you drink the alcohol. drink some water while you're drinking (if you can) and then drink a TON when you get home. You'll stay hydrated and you won't bloat with water weight. =)

    ReplyDelete